Tuesday, October 25, 2011

victory beer

(this happened a few days ago...)

i just got out of a meeting with my brother michael and our mentor-dude guy. he had us meet with this lawyer lady who is helping get our intellectual property crap in order.

we are no longer in the little leagues, my friend.

it was a very good meeting.

the whole experience is a very silly one. michael had just come from class to meet me at my apartment beforehand. i had come from work. quickly ate some ramen, and then played around on my uke while i waited.

we joked around for a bit, but then headed out. and as we were walking up to the skating club to meet with the others - serious mode kicked in. and all the last minute checks were run through one last time.

"you got your book?"
"yep."
"you gotta pen?"
"and a pencil."
"your phone on silent?"
"airplane mode actually."
"ooooo."

the lady is really great, and seems like a good addition to the team.

after the meeting i asked if michael wanted to grab a beer, "to, you know...celebrate."
"man, i'd love to, but i gotta get back and do homework."

understood. but i had him go with me to the library real quick to pick up some items that were in. it's a little sad when the only person who seems to call me anymore is the automated library message telling me my books are in...

this time i had 9 cds in. the librarian handed me my items, and as we walked away, i whispered to michael, "don't ever buy another cd. rent them from the library. burn them onto your computer. and return them."

and so now i sit here.
drinking my victory beer.
writing.
as i burn the latest radiohead cd onto my computer.
wondering if i'll ever lose this ramen-eating, cd stealing side of myself.




every time we go to a meeting, this clip plays in my head. no matter how many times i meet with these big wigs, i always feel like i am a little kid pretending to know what i'm doing...

No comments:

Post a Comment